Regenerative Injection Therapy (RIT) Post Treatment Guidelines for Prolotherapy, PRP, and Stem Cell Therapies:
1. After injection you may have increased or worsening pain for a few days. This is a normal response
and this will subside.
2. You may experience soreness at the injection site. This will subside within 48 hours. Please observe
for any signs/sensation of heat, redness, or swelling at the injection site and notify your doctor if
persists for more than two days.
3. For pain, you may take Thorne AR-Encap , Phytoprofen, and/or apply Pekana Inflamyar ointment,
as directed by Dr. Davison. DO NOT take any NSAIDs ie: Advil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Aleve, or
Naproxen. Tylenol/ Acetaminophen may be taken as an alternative to these meds for extreme pain.
4. Do not apply ice packs to treated area .
After treatment, heat is preferred. If the pain is more substantial, hot & cold contrast therapy may be
used. To do this, apply a warm compress or heating pad for 3 min followed by an ice pack for 1 min.
alternate 3 times. This may be repeated up to 3 times per 24 hours.
5. Do not swim or hot tub for 36 hours after injection to prevent heat related reaction or infection.
6. Rest the area treated. For the first 1-3 days after treatment walking and gentle
range of motion is encouraged. When you are ready to engage in general range of
motion exercises– increase as tolerated. If it hurts– stop the activity.
Following treatment these exercises are permitted: Stationary bike or Elliptical Trainer, Walking,
Swimming, Integrated Qi Gong/CoreCentric Movement Practice.
It is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED not to perform any of the activity that created the problem. Extreme sports,
heavy lifting, or weight bearing activity for at least 3 weeks or as instructed by Dr. Davison.
Dr. Davison has created a special joint and ligament rehabilitation system found on the DVD, “Integrated Qi
Gong for Lower Back Pain.” This has all of the movements for most areas treated with RIT. Dr. Davison will
instruct you as to which section of the DVD to follow subsequent to your treatment.
Please call or email if you have any questions or concerns.
Post Pellet Implant Procedure Guidelines
- Discontinue all anti inflammatory medicine, aspirin and any substances that promotes bleeding (ie garlic, fish oils ect.) 3 days before procedure.
- After the procedure you may take extra strength Tylenol for pain or discomfort.
- Applying an ice pack to treated area is encouraged for a day after if pain and bleeding are present.
- Leave bandages on for at least 2 days. There may be some bleeding underneath which is normal. Bandages may be removed after day 2 or 3. Make sure to wash with soap and water and apply another clean band aid over incision. If site of incision has not closed by day 3 please call the office at 808-575-2328.
If there is any redness around the incision site with significant pain, swelling, warmth, oozing of blood or other fluid please call the office.